9.06.2011

Newport-A Hidden Treasure



We went to a wedding this weekend in Newport, RI. I have been to the island two times before but I have never taken the time to explore my surroundings. We saw lots of boats, water, mansions and sunsets on our trip. The picture above is from a place called The Landing in Bowen's Wharf. We grabbed a couple of drinks at the outdoor bar and people watched.


If you are looking for a place to eat brunch...walk over to the Gas Lamp Grille. The french toast was delicious! It had been dipped in granola and covered with strawberry and blueberry bliss!

This was by far my favorite meal on our trip! If you like BBQ and sweet potato fries, make sure to check out Smoke House. Best BBQ sandwich I have ever had.

Next time I make my way up to Newport I will make sure to take a mansion tour or sailing trip! There is so much to do in this town...a weekend is simply not enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment