9.09.2011

Kelly's Salsa de Mayo



Ingredients:
6-7 tomatillos, husked and washed
1/4 c. onion, roughly chopped
1 jalapeno pepper (seeds removed if you prefer it less spicy)
1 clove of garlic
1/2 c. cilantro
lime juice (as much or little as you prefer)
pinch of salt

Directions
1.Boil water - add tomatillos. Boil for about 8 minutes or until they aren't bright green anymore.
2.Drain and transfer to a bowl filled with ice water (I just stuck the pot under cold water and let it run until the temperature went down)
3.Put the cool tomatillos and everything else into a food processor (I used the magic bullet) and pulse until it's the consistency you want.

*Sidenote: I took the seeds out of the jalapeno and next time I make it I will probably keep them in, or at least 1/2 of them in... I think I would add a little more lime next time - I used 2 little limes this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment